Senior IT Contracts Manager
- Information and Communication Technology
- Band 8a
- Full time
- Flexible working
- Home or remote working
- Croydon University Hospital
- Thornton Heath
- £53,703 - £59,796 pa incl of HCAS (Outer)
- 27/09/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
The postholder will act as the lead within the Digital Services department for:
- Business development, ensuring that a digital Procurement Plan is developed, managed and maintained
- Working with the digital portfolio, digital services, cyber security and CXIO teams to identify a pipeline of procurement activity for the Trust
- Working with external partners, including the emerging South West London Integrated Care digital team, One Croydon Alliance, Acute Provider Collaborative and other partnership projects
- Third party IT contracts, be they either a contract for services or devices.
- Licensing requirements for all digital systems
- Developing, managing and maintaining Service Level Agreement that set out the provision of IT services to third parties (such as those organisations who provide health and care services from Trust estate)
- Reviewing and setting the digital tariff for services provided to third parties, including hardware, software and professional services.
Main duties of the job
Senior IT Contracts Manager - Band - 8A
The Trust is looking to recruit an experienced Senior IT Contracts Manager, with experience in managing a broad portfolio of suppliers, and ensuring that effective, compliant contracts are in place, managed and maintained, in line with procurement law.
The IT department at the Trust manages a significant number of contracts, ranging in value from less than £10k per annum, to over £25m over the length of the contract.
Proposed Interview Date: TBC
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Educated to Masters degree level or equivalent experience in contracts, licensing or SLAs
- Government Commercial Organisation accreditation, or confirmation of willingness to work towards such accreditation
- Experience of contractual procurement frameworks within public sector
- Experience of developing service schedules and specifications
- Experience of developing contract summaries, and performance reports
- • Detailed understanding of contractual mandatory requirements, such as those set out within NHS Digital’s Data Security and Protection Toolkit or other similar frameworks/mandates
- Experience in leading complex contractual negotiations
- Excellent analytical skills, being able to focus for long periods of time when developing and/or reviewing often complex contractual information
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality, the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations
- Able to deal confidently with 3rd party suppliers and build effective working relationships
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Leroy Adamson-Parks
- Job title
- Director of IT and Digital Services
- Email address
- Telephone number