SWL Bank - Registered Healthcare Professional - Clinical Assessor
- Band 5
- Bank: You will work as and when required, with flexibility to choose your shifts within the constraints of the service.
- Flexible working - Bank - As and when required
- 199-CovidB5-CHS-MC 2
- Various Sites across South West London
- South West London
- £16.83 per hour
- 31/10/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
MASS VACCINATION CENTRES
Registered Health Care Professional – Immunisations Band 5 - Bank
SOUTH WEST LONDON VACCINATION BANK - Hosted by Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
The NHS is delivering the Covid-19 vaccine.
We now need registered vaccinators to step forward in the continued fight against coronavirus and help to deliver an effective Covid-19 vaccination programme.
You will be working across one of our temporary standalone sites or within one of the local schools within our local community. We have centres across, Croydon, Teddington and Sutton, you are able to choose your shifts and sites through our rostering system.
You will be fully briefed and training will be provided on Covid-19 vaccines.
In the meantime, you can prepare by ensuring you are up to date with any annual immunisation training as part of your registered professional training.
This advert is for Bank work and you will work as and when required, with flexibility to choose your shifts within the constraints of the service. Please note - if successful you will receive an offer from Croydon Health Services, as the host Trust for the South West London Vaccination Bank.
Main duties of the job
As a Registered Health Care Professional working in immunisations, the post holder will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of vaccinations for both influenza and the COVID-19 vaccine(s). The post holder will undertake activities such as: clinical assessment, dilution and drawing up of the vaccine from multi-dose vials and post vaccine observations support.
In particular, the post holder will be responsible for:
• The configuration of the vaccination pod and vaccination station.
• Conducting clinical assessments.
• The review of complex medical histories and potential adverse reactions.
• Preparation of the vaccine prior to administration by the immunisers using aseptic technique.
• Ensuring the best possible clinical outcomes by using up-to-date skills and adhering to evidence-based policies and procedures.
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity. Our Vision: “Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it” Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see attached supporting document which contains more information about this role - Registered Health Care Professional - Clinical Assessor Immunisations Bank.
- Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPhC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals
- Current immunisation training / update or willingness to undertake
- Previous experience in similar clinical role
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Melanie Cloherty
- Job title
- Recruitment and Resourcing Team Lead
- Email address
- Telephone number