Patient pathway Support
- Band 2
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Croydon University hospital.
- £24,378 - £25,426 p.a inc of HCAS
- 28/09/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
*Applicants who have applied within the last 6 months need not apply*
Patient pathway Support - Band 2
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a clinic receptionist to join the team in Dental at Croydon University Hospital.
The post holder’s duties will include making follow up appointments for various outpatients clinics, dealing with telephone and face to face queries and preparing documentation for clinics. The post holder will liaise with patients, GPs, consultants, cancer services and other departments in the hospital.
The post holder will contribute to ensuring that an efficient and effective outpatient services is delivered to meet the needs of the patients.
The ideal candidate will have excellent people skills; excellent communication skills, enjoy working in a busy, challenging environment and have a positive approach to work. In addition they will also need to possess excellent IT skills as a key part of the role is using the hospital computer system as well as emails. They will need to be reliable, self-motivated and great at multi-tasking. Experience of working in a similar post would be advantageous, although full training will be provided.
Interview date TBC
Main duties of the job
The post holder will undertake a wide range of clearly defined administrative and reception duties to ensure efficient and effective outpatient services are delivered to meet the needs of the patients.
Areas of work will include:
- Reception areas
- Clinic preparation
- Registering referrals and booking appointments
- Electronic Referral System
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Experience in a similar role
- Previous Admin Experience
- Working in a customer or patient facing role
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent, including Grade C or higher in English and Maths
- NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- NHS experience
- Cerner / ERS experience
- Working in a clinic or outpatient setting
- Able to work using own initiative and in a fast paced environment
- Able to work as part of a team
- Highly organised and able to multi task
- Experience of working with multiple teams/departments to achieve a common goal
- Experience of dealing with queries and resolving issues
- GSCE min grade C, NVQ
- Educated to higher education level
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Nina Morrison
- Job title
- Head & Neck Team Leader
- Telephone number
- 0208 401 3978