Cyber Security Manager
- Cyber Security
- Band 8a
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Croydon University Hospital
- £53,703 - £59,796 pa incl of HCAS (Outer)
- 29/09/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
The Cyber Security Manager is responsible for supporting the development of all aspects of Cyber Security at the Trust. The role is responsible for supporting the AD of Cyber Security in assuring the safety of patient and corporate data within the Trust and the Community/ICS through the implementation of robust architecture, security standards, policies, processes, and technology to understand, mitigate and manage security threats.
The postholder will need sound knowledge of cybersecurity technologies, requirements and standards, covering the corporate network as well as the broader digital ecosystem. The postholder will proactively work with the Trust to implement practices that meet agreed policies, standard operating procedures and standards for information security. The postholder should understand digital technologies and must oversee a variety of cybersecurity and risk management activities related to information security to ensure the achievement of business outcomes where the business process is dependent on technology.
The postholder will understand and articulate the impact of cybersecurity on patient care and be able to communicate this to senior stakeholders. They will support the Trust’s senior subject matter expert (Assistant Director of Cyber Security) regarding cyber security to drive an improved security posture within individual organisations and across the system as a whole.
Main duties of the job
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is a combined acute and community Trust in south west London. We are investing in a new cyber security team within the Trust's IT department, reshaping the business to ensure that we set out and deliver the very best cyber secure policies, processes, technologies and approach.
The successful candidate will lead the Trust on a challenging amd exciting journey to achieve standards set out within NHS Digital's Data Security and Protection Toolkit, the European Union's Network and Information Systems Regulations, and achieve Cyber Essentials accreditation.
If this role excites you, please contact the Assistant Director of Cyber Security, Matt McCormick, at email@example.com, or on 02084013824.
Interview Date - 11th October 2022
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in job description and person specification.
- ITIL Foundation qualification
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in cyber security
- Certified Information Security manager (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Professional membership, e.g. BCS or Chartered Institute of Information Security
- ITIL Intermediate qualification
- PRINCE2 Foundations
- Information security risk management qualification, including CRISC
- Experience of managing staff, including undertaking appraisals, developing objectives and ongoing performance management
- Experience in procuring, implementing and managing a suite of cyber security tools
- Experience of running IT operational services
- Experience of developing a suite of key performance indicators demonstrate service performance
- Knowledge of NHS working practices across a wide range of disciplines
- Experience of managing complex, strategic technology and cyber security projects or areas with complex working practices
- Experience of working in an IT/Cyber role
- Experience of Security tools and/or monitoring
- IT Security or Cyber Security duties
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Matt McCormick
- Job title
- Assistant Director of Cyber Security
- Email address
- Telephone number