Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Speech and language therapy
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
- Croydon University Hospital
- £46,836 - £52,849 pa inc of HCAS
- 27/09/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
Highly Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
Band 7 2WTE
The well-established Adult Speech and Language Therapy (SLT) Out-patient and Home Visiting Service has an opportunities to recruit at Band 7 level.
At a Highly Specialist level the post holder will need to assess, diagnose. manage and discharge adult clients referred with communication and/or swallowing difficulties. The post holder will be based in the community and/or out-patient settings.
A car driver with a car to drive is essential for this role.
As part of the wider speech and language therapy Adult Service, you would be involved with VF clinics and we also have a FEES service. We are committed to providing the best possible service to our patients and strongly believe in the continuing professional development of our staff, with regular appraisals, Reflective Practice groups and in service training provided.
Interview Date - 11th October 2022
Main duties of the job
At a Highly Specialist level to assess, develop, treat and discharge adult clients referred with communication and/ or swallowing difficulties within the Community Departments, in particular the Home Visiting and Out-Patient sectors in Croydon University Hospital.
To work as a member of the team, to provide an efficient, effective and co-ordinated Speech and Language Therapy Service to adults in the Croydon area.
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
These include:o Croydon University Hospital o Purley Hospital o The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath o Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside.
A minor injuries unit in New Addington The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust.
Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
Our Vision:"Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it"Our 5 key 'Here for you' promises to the people of Croydon are:o You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff o You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff o You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians o You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to homeo You feel it's getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to "Listening into Action" is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
*******Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role*******
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification
- Registered with the HCPC
- Evidence of successful completion of Specialist SLT short courses up to Master’s degree equivalent
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- Well-established knowledge of a broad range of assessment tools relevant to people with Acquired Communication and Swallowing problems
- In-depth knowledge of national policies and procedures, relevant to Adult clients who have acquired Neurological disorders
- In depth knowledge of the principles of clinical governance /audit
- Experience as a Band 6 SALT with adults within the NHS demonstrating experience working with patients who have had a Stroke and with a variety of other neurological conditions
- Experience working with adults with acquired communication and swallowing conditions in a Community setting
- Previous band 7 adult SLT experience with Adult clients
- Able to identify what attracts them to this specific post in Croydon health services trust
- Demonstrates a passion and commitment for working with people who have Communication and Swallowing problems
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities and needs of the patients/clients and the service
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mary O'Hara
- Job title
- Professional Lead for Adult SLT
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 020 8401 3103