School Nurse Team Leader
- Public Health Nurse
- Band 7
- Full time
- Annualised hours
- Lennard Road
- £46,836 - £52,849 per annum inc of HCAS
- Today at 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) School Nurse or Health Visitor , to join Croydon School health Service as Team leader. We are looking for an experienced SCPHN School Nurse or Health Visitor to work collaboratively with the Operational Lead for School Health and Immunisation Services, peer School Nurse Team The main role of the School Nurse Team Leader is to ensure leadership and management in the delivery of high quality service and commissioned contract .
Car Owner/ Driver Essential
Main duties of the job
School Nurse locality Team Leader
The emphasis of the role will be working within a skill mix team and working closely with other Clinical Team Leaders, Specialists Practice Teachers and Practice educators to develop and monitor clinical standards and outcomes for children and families. You will support staff to achieve their clinical competencies by working and supervising them in clinical practice, demonstrating how they can deliver the healthy child programme and commissioned KPIs.leaders and the school health team in delivery of the healthy Child Programme.
The successful candidate will be part of a locality school nurse locality huddles, will be responsible for managing a small Caseload, demonstrate excellence in practice and leadership within the Service.
Working for our organisation
What’s in it for you?
We have effective and interactive governance and quality groups
We are serious about retention of staff and staff development. Our excellent appraisal system will help you to continue your professional development in a way that works for you and for the service.
Croydon Health Services like to recruit staff who embrace challenge, have a creative flair to problem solving and are able to lead, motivate and enthuse their teams. Also important to us are people with a “can do” attitude and excellent communication skills.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- To lead and directly line manage a School Nursing team or teams within a locality.
- Planning area and ensure the delivery of a safe, effective School Health service.
- To be responsible for the day to day management of a defined group of staff .
- For delivery of the School Nursing service providing expert information, assessments and interventions for children, young people and families including families with complex
- To lead and monitor the quality and performance and capacity of the identified team.
- To work with the Operational lead for School Nursing to identify and address risks, escalating as required.
- To facilitate and develop locality working groups within best practice standards.
- To facilitate School Nursing population profiling to inform locality developments, if requested.
- To actively work with colleagues to develop a cohesive, integrated locality Team.
For information see attached JD
- Experience of managing staff
- Computer literate
- Evidence of working with children, young people and their families
- Knowledge of electronic records systems
- Car owner and driver
- Can demonstrate a flexible approach to working
Knowledge and awareness
- Knowledge of healthy child programme
- Knowledge of safeguarding guidance nationally
- Knowledge of reflection in practice
- awaareness of locality working
- at least 3 years health visiting experience
- leadership of teams
- provision of supervision
- multi-agency working
- leadership of change
qualifications and training
- registered nurse
- registered Specialist community public health nurse (health visitor)
- continuing professional development
- leadership or management qualification
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Wilma Munzara
- Job title
- Operational Lead/Service Manager - School Nursing
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information
School Nursing Team Leader
Telephone: 0208 274 6360
Mobile: 07917 513 637