Physiotherapist Rehab rotation Band 6
- Band 6
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hrs per week)
- Croydon University Hospital
- £38,762 - £45,765 Pro-rata pa inc HCAs (Outer)
- 04/10/2022 08:00
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
Physiotherapist Rehab rotation Band 6
An opportunity has arisen to join our Band 6 Rehab Rotation and we are seeking enthusiastic, well motivated physiotherapists.
We currently offer 9 monthly rotations providing a variety of experience in:
- Acute Stroke Unit
- In patient / Outpatient Neuro Rehab
- Community Stroke Rehabilitation/ESD
- Community Neuro Rehabilitation
- In patient Elder rehabilitation
We are committed to providing the best possible service to our patients and strongly believe in the continuing professional development of our staff.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge in a supportive and friendly environment.
Main duties of the job
The post holder is an autonomous practitioner and has supervision of a Band 7 Physio in each rotation. The post holder will work as a member of the Integrated Neurology team, rotating across various areas within Croydon Health Services Trust.
The post holder will provide a range of specialized Physiotherapy input to patients, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
The post holder will be expected to work in a variety of settings including Broad Green Centre, the patient’s own home, other community settings and Croydon University Hospital, as required.
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting job description and person specification document, which contains more information about the role and requirements. Please ensure your application refers to the job description and person specification.
Education & Qualification
- BSc, MSc or diploma in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- Minimum 18 months postgraduate Physiotherapy experience, incorporating experience as a Physiotherapist in the NHS
- Worked within a Multidisciplinary team
- Experience working as a Physio with adults with neurological conditions
- Experience of working with adults in the Community as a Physiotherapist
- Previous Band 6 Physio experience with adults
Knowledge & Understanding
- Awareness of NSF’s and Clinical Guidelines in Neurological rehabilitation
- Identifies what attracts them to this specific post at Croydon Health Services
- Demonstrates a commitment and motivation to work with people with Neurological conditions
- Car driver with access to vehicle for work
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mary Brooks
- Job title
- Clinical lead integrated neuro therapies
- Email address
- Telephone number