Colorectal Advanced Nurse Practitioner
NHS AfC: Band 8a
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Fixed term: 12 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Croydon University Hospital
- £50,575 - £56,490 incl of HCAs pa
- 22/06/2021 23:59
Croydon is a busy, exciting and diverse place to work. The borough has one of the youngest populations in London and continues to grow.
Croydon Health Services cares for local people at Croydon University Hospital, Purley Memorial Hospital and in clinics and people’s homes all across the borough.
We are a very close-knit and friendly organisation where everyone of our 3600 members of staff is valued. We strongly believe that our employees are our greatest asset and so through Listening into Action – our way of engaging staff - we empower everyone at any level to initiate and bring about real improvements in our care.
Join us and be a part of the team that is making Croydon proud. #choosecroydon
Colorectal Advanced Nurse Practitioner
Band 8a Fixed Term 1 year
Do you have the skills and enthusiasm to join an established nurse led colorectal straight to test triage assessment 2ww pathway? And colorectal cancer pathway? Are you passionate about ensuring the personalised care needs of cancer patients are met?
Croydon University Hospital NHS Trust enjoys a proactive and continually developing cancer unit status. We have many nurse led services and are now looking for a Colorectal Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join the team to continue to maintain an exemplary nurse led Colorectal cancer pathway. The post holder will be integral to maintaining and overseeing the Royal Marsden Partners Colorectal FIT straight to test pathway.
The Colorectal Advanced Nurse Practitioner will provide expert, evidence based advice and clinical expertise within Colorectal and cancer services, working collaboratively and co-operatively with others to meet the needs of patients and their families. The clinical workload primarily covers all Colorectal straight to test pathway from triage assessment to clinical reviews and onward referrals or discharging back to primary care, with cross cover of the colorectal cancer pathway as needed, including telephone assessment clinics to determine suitability for straight to diagnostic tests or face to face nurse led clinics. They will work alongside the Macmillan Nurse Consultant and Colorectal Cancer nursing and support team to ensure the personalised care needs of cancer patients are met.
A highly visible and proactive leader, working autonomously, under the guidance and supervision of the Macmillan Colorectal Nurse Consultant, and acting as a clinical resource to ensure sustained delivery of high-quality patient care for people at all phases of the Colorectal Straight to Test (STT) and cancer pathway:
- Responsible for exploring current practice, identifying areas for development, and planning the appropriate change using current evidence to evaluate outcomes.
- Responsible for involving patients and their families in the planning and development of the Colorectal STT cancer pathways.
- An excellent communicator, with highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, committed to collaborative working with other health and social care professionals.
- Experienced in Colorectal, cancer and surgical nursing and qualified ideally at Master’s level., with comprehensive knowledge of Advanced Nurse Practitioner assessment skills.
We can offer:
- A well-established cancer specialist nursing and support team, providing advanced nursing services.
- A friendly and supportive working environment, where professional development is seen as a priority.
- Opportunity for further professional training if required.
Interviews will be held on : 9th July 2021
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jo Turner-Banton
- Job title
- Colorectal Nurse Consultant
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0208 401 3000 ext 5346 / 4884