Estates Shift Supervisor
- Band 5
- Fixed term: 3 months
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- £29,553 - £36,265 pa incl HCAS (Outer)
- 17/08/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
Allocation of maintenance staff and resources (both directly employed and contractors), to ensure that Reactive, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), New Works and all other Maintenance Services are undertaken in an efficient and effective manner, to appropriate standards and within budget.
Ensuring works are undertaken in a timely manner and the performance management of directly employed maintenance staff.
Providing technical advice and ensuring appropriate ‘repair’ verse life cycle replacement decisions are taken and that unresolved issues are appropriately managed and reported.
Undertake this role within a weekly rotating Day/Night shift system.
Main duties of the job
Estates Shift Supervisor - Band 5
Previous applicants need not apply
The post will close once we have received a sufficient number of applications
The Estates Department is looking for an experienced Shift Supervisor to join their team in the day to day maintenance of the Hospital.
The post holder will be expected to deliver a high standard of work relating to estates engineering across its multiple sites.
Our main aim is to provide and efficient and safe service to patients and stakeholders and offer excellent customer care to patients, their families and colleagues that use all our services at our multiple sites across Croydon.
Proposed Interview Date - 25th August 2022
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in job description and person specification
Education and Qualification
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in an Engineering or Building discipline or can demonstrate equivalence in levels of experience.
- Qualification in or Knowledge of Mechanical & Electrical Building Services.
KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING
- A complete understanding of the interrelationship between assets and their maintenance and lifecycle requirements.
- Working knowledge of health Technical Memorandums (HTM’s)
- Have managed a team of at tradespersons.
- NHS experience preferably in Acute Hospital environment.
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Jake Patching
- Job title
- Estates Officer
- Email address
- Additional information
For more information please contact Jake Patching
(Jake Patching firstname.lastname@example.org)