Community Staff Nurse
- Community Nursing
- Band 5
- Part time - 30 hours per week (30)
- Parkway Health Centre
- £31,163 - £37,875 pro rata inc of HCAS
- 30/09/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
To work in conjunction with other members of the District Nursing Team and other Stakeholders, to
provide efficient and effective nursing care to patients in their own homes
To be responsible for the management and supervision of the nursing team, in the absence of the District
Nurse, including the supervision of Junior Staff.
Main duties of the job
Community Staff Nurses 30 hours
Parkway Health Centre
Must have a clean UK driving license and use of a car for work purposes.
We are Transforming Adult Community Services in Croydon. Do you have the skills to be part of this exciting transformation?
In Croydon, Health and Social care providers and commissioners have formed the Croydon Alliance Board with the aim of providing a whole system transformation that will deliver outcomes our over 65's have specified they want.
The Outcome Based Commissioning programme is a radically different approach to funding and delivery of services designed to deliver outcomes that local people want whilst getting best value from Health and the Social Care sector.This includes the provision of well coordinated care and support in order to promote independence in the most appropriate care setting.
We have exciting opportunities for highly motivated, enthusiastic Registered Adult Nurses to work within our Integrated Care Teams.
We offer a comprehensive induction programme, preceptorship , Clinical Supervision and excellent on going professional development opportunities for an enhanced career progression.
All candidates must have a clean UK driving license and use of a car for work purposes. Once recruited staff can take advantage of our child care facilities.
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role . Please contact Karin Freemantle for further information.
Education and Education
- Registered General Nurse or
- NMC Register part 1 - Adult
- Post registration qualification
- Mentorship for Practice course
Knowledge and Understanding
- Awareness of current issues and developments in community Care
- Adherence to NMC Code of Conduct.
- Knowledge and understanding of the principles and benefits of Reflective practice
- Able to demonstrate the role of the community staff Nurse
- Previous experience of community nursing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Ability to manage own workload
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Knowledge and awareness of principles of Audit and research
- Demonstrate an awareness of the complex issues involved when working across organisations and disciplines.
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of multidisciplinary working including effective liaison with members of the multidisciplinary team
- Ability to give appropriate accurate feedback
- Ability to work within own limitations
- IT literate e.g. Word processing and email.
- Knowledge and awareness of process of managing complaints
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Access to a car for work purposes
- Ability to work flexible hours including Weekends and Bank Holidays.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Joy Brookes
- Job title
- Cluster Matron
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Additional information