Catering Assistant - Retail
- Band 2
- Full time
- Part time
- Croydon Health Services NHS Trust
- £24,378 - £25,426 pa, Pro Rata incl. HCAS (Outer)
- 05/10/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
The work involves preparation, handling and serving food across all areas of the Catering Department and associated Trust areas. The post holder will be required to maintain good food hygiene standards for patients, staff and visitors to the Trust in accordance with individual area processes.
Maintaining professional standard housekeeping and cleaning practises, promoting a positive image to patients and visitors.
Use of commercial and light catering equipment is required within all areas of the department.
Main duties of the job
Catering Assistant - Retail (Band 2)
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust are recruiting Catering Assistants to work primarily within the Retail & Kitchen area of the Catering Department.
We are looking for a flexible, enthusiastic people to join the retail team.
The role will involve working in all areas of the business and will include front of house, Kitchen and cleaning work.
An understanding of Food Safety rules and HACCP are essential and level 2 food safety will be required. (training will be given if not currently certified)
- Provide high quality retail food and beverage services to all customers using Trust facilities and hospitality services.
- Temperature of cooked foods is recorded, along with chilled and frozen storage using designated HACCP sheets.
- Replenish stock in accordance with Retail display plans.
- Communicate menus and promotions to customers internal and external, providing outstanding customer service for retail and hospitality.
- Assist any customers with needs and wheelchairs throughout the retail and hospitality experience.
- Use POS tills for payment transactions, and follow the Trust cash handling procedures.
- Ensure hospitality is delivered to areas as book
Earliest shifts start at 06:00 and latest end time is 17:00.
Proposed Interview Date : 12th October 2022
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 3,500 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
We are one of 17 Trusts in the country who have been accepted as national pioneers on staff engagement and empowerment, through the adoption of "Listening into Action" as a new way of working. The approach we are taking to “Listening into Action” is new and different.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
***Please see the attached supporting document which contains more information about the role in job description and person specification***
- Previous Catering Experience
- Knowledge of Food Safety Systems
- Previous Customer Service Experience
- Valid Level 2 Food Safety Training
Manual Handling in Catering
- Catering awareness
- allergen awareness
The postholder will have access to vulnerable people in the course of their normal duties and as such this post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Mariana Nedelcu
- Job title
- Interim Catering Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number