Service Manager - Emergency/ Acute Medicine
- Band 7
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Croydon University Hospital
- £46,836 - £52,849 £43,712 - £49,325 Inc of HCAS per annum
- 02/10/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
Service Manager for the Emergency & Acute Medicine
Band 7 Full Time
Are you a talented leader with the knowledge, skills and drive to support the delivery of high quality care within the Emergency and Acute Medicine Directorate? If this is you, we invite you to apply for the role of the Service Manager.
The Emergency Department, based at the Croydon University Hospital site, is a newly built £21.25 million department. It cares for around 12,000 people per month across the Urgent Treatment Centre & Emergency Department.
This is a great opportunity to develop your leadership skills in a busy, demanding and rewarding environment. The post will involve supporting the :
-Emergency Department (A&E)
- Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC)
- Same Day Emergency Centre (SDEC)
We encourage Nurses or Allied Health Professionals with experience of team leadership or quality improvement to apply.
In this role you will provide a high level of professional, expert support and coaching to the clinical and administrative teams and ensure a safe environment for all our staff and service users. This will include identifying key service improvement and redesign projects to improve departmental efficiency, improving and supporting patient flow, utilisation, and rota management and scheduling of the medical staffing.
Interviews Date TBC
Main duties of the job
To be responsible for the service management and the effective and efficient delivery of services provided within the Emergency Department, in support of the Clinical Business Unit Leads and General Manager, ensuring effective co-ordination and management of budgets and agreed national or local performance objectives and contracts.
The Service Manager will manage the Administration Manager and/or other administrative staff and will work in partnership with the Matrons, Senior Nurses, Consultants and GP Leads, medical staff and other staff within the department on business planning and the development and continuous improvement of patient care processes. Appropriate working relationships will be established with colleagues in other directorates with whom their service interacts and with external bodies, such as General Managers, Clinical Business Unit Managers and Service Managers within other specialties, for the fulfilment of particular service issues. The Service Manager will work with colleagues within the corporate directorates (e.g. Human Resources, Finance, Clinical and Corporate Governance, Estates and Facilities) as necessary.
Working for our organisation
Working at Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is both challenging and fulfilling.
You’ll meet some of the most engaging and stimulating people in London who will push you to develop your skills, learn something new and reward you in equal measure.
With NHS workers in demand across London and the UK, you could apply for a job at any NHS Trust. If you want to make an impact, accelerate your learning and rise to the daily challenge of caring for a diverse community, then head for Croydon.
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust is a modern healthcare organisation providing acute and community health services across the borough of Croydon.
Our main hospital site, Croydon University Hospital is one of the busiest in London. We’re also leading the way in providing more healthcare outside hospitals at clinics, specialist centres and in people’s homes.
Working in Croydon does not come without its challenges. Across the NHS everyone is working hard to meet growing demand and we’re no exception. But with the right people on board we are rising to this challenge, putting our people in the driving seat, encouraging innovation and transforming our services to give local people the quality of care they deserve.
If you want the opportunity to have a real impact, challenge yourself and be part of an NHS Trust that’s making a real difference then a career at Croydon Health Services could be just what you’re looking for.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
** Please see the Job Description and the Person Specification for more details on the jobs responsibilities **
- at least 1 year management experience
- Experience in effectivley monitoring KPI's
- experience of working in an emergency department environment
- Evidence of successful operational leadership and effective involvement in change management
- operational leadership and effective involvement in change management
Equality and Diversity
- Promotes equality and values diversity and empowers every person they manage to succeed and develop skills and experience
- Knowledge of equality and diversity legislation
Skills and Abilities
- Awareness and understanding of national policy concerning patient care and developments within the NHS including current developments concerning national plans.
Skills and abilities
- Well-developed analytical skills with ability to present information clearly, concisely and in a variety of formats.
- Has self-confidence and uses this to lead, involve and challenge others as appropriate.
- Ensures personal, professional behavior and integrity at all times.
- Delegates appropriately, setting clear and achievable targets and monitoring against required outcomes.
Service and quality improvemen
- In generating proposals supports thinking outside existing organisation boundaries (internal or external).
- Able to support and deliver Cost and Quality Improvement programmes.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Victoria Oji
- Job title
- General Manager - Urgent, Emergency and Acute Care
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 07970 548530
- Additional information
General Manager - Urgent, Emergency & Acute Care