Workforce Information Assistant
- Band 4
- 37.5 hours per week (Full time - 37.5 hours per week)
- Mayday House, Croydon University Hospital
- £28,057 - £30,390 pa incl. HCAS (Outer)
- 05/10/2022 23:59
As an NHS Trust we strongly encourage and support vaccination uptake as this remains the best line of defence against COVID19.
Support the utilisation of the NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR) system, through the production and validation of ESR reports in an informative, accurate and timely manner. Provide training, support and guidance for Self-Service users and contribute to the development of the ESR system and functionality.
You will proactively manage the security and maintenance of the ESR system and assist in its development, in accordance with current HR/Finance/Payroll policies and procedures. You will provide a range of ESR data reports and respond to ESR queries, often being the first point of contact for managers and staff. You will be expected to establish good working relationships with key internal and external contacts, advising on all aspects of the ESR Workforce Information team processes in accordance with local policy and guidelines.
Main duties of the job
Workforce Information Assistant (B4)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Workforce Information Assistant at Croydon Health Services NHS Trust. The post holder will be a critical member of a friendly, experienced and ambitious team working in a busy fast paced environment, undertaking a broad range of tasks to support the delivery of a quality Workforce Information service, which informs and supports the Trust with overall business processes and decision-making.
We are seeking a candidate with an aptitude for problem solving and attention to detail, has good organisational skills, and has the desire to work within a data driven but highly customer-focused environment.
As part of this role, you can expect to:
- Support the utilisation of the NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR) system, through the production and validation of ESR reports in an informative, accurate and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain expertise in ESR reporting and support ongoing data quality improvement programmes.
- Provide training, support and guidance for ESR Self-Service users and contribute to the development of the ESR system and functionality.
- Act as one of the first points of contact for ESR self-service queries and contribute to the maintenance of our internal ESR communications such as our local guidance and intranet pages.
Proposed Interview Date: TBC
Working for our organisation
Croydon Health Services NHS Trust provide hospital and community services from a number of community and specialist clinics throughout Croydon.
• Croydon University Hospital
• Purley Hospital
• The Sickle Cell and Thalassaemia Centre in Thornton Heath
• Community bases at Purley, Sanderstead, New Addington, Broad Green, Woodside
• A minor injuries unit in New Addington
The Trust was formed on 1st August 2010 through the integration of Croydon Community Health Services and Mayday Healthcare NHS Trust. Around 4,100 staff provide services for a population of over 360,000 people who are relatively young with a high level of ethnic diversity.
“Excellent integrated care for you and your family, when and where you need it”
Our 5 key ‘Here for you’ promises to the people of Croydon are:
• You feel cared for by helpful and welcoming staff
• You feel in safe hands with highly professional staff
• You feel confident in your treatment from skilled teams of compassionate clinicians
• You feel we value your time with convenient appointments, minimal waiting and care closer to home
• You feel it’s getting better all the time as we continue to improve our services
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
We have a lively and vibrant working atmosphere and offer our staff not only a rewarding career, but also a range of benefits as part of our reward package.
We offer competitive salaries, including Outer London HCA, staff benefits and excellent career development and training opportunities.
When completing your application, please read the attached Job Description and ensure that you link your skills and experience to the person specification.
- Experience of systems/databases or producing reports. Especially ESR / OLM
- Experience of working in the NHS or similar customer focused environment
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to present training to a group and/or one to one basis
- Computer literacy / MS office / Excel in particular
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Dan Armstrong
- Job title
- Workforce Intelligence Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0208401 4971
- Additional information
For more information about this role please contact Sally Spencer, <email@example.com>, Head of Workforce Systems & Information